Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

One Convention on the Books

I have to say, CONvergence 2010 was the most successful costumed convention I have had so far. Parts of it were not so fun, but very little went wrong with my dressing up.

I'll shut up now and just show you the pics, because I know that's what you really come here for. ;-)









The alcohol-based body paint test was EXTREMELY successful. I am looking forward to using it at Celebration V!



The man in the center is none other than Jeremy Bulloch, the guy who played Boba Fett!






4 comments:

bery said...

Love it love it love it!!!!!

ADF said...

Wow, that is quite the sexy pose (you know the one I mean). I also like the photo where you're posing next to the guy with the death's head, whoever that is. Very nice!

Leiasolosinger said...

What I liked about my Twi'lek design was that it was sexy without being too much. I think the blues and pinks gave it more the look of a uniformed dancer than the sultry look of someone less reputable. The stars on the costume were a nod to my Star Princess costume, but could also represent the company I dance for. In the video game that I based the design on, there is a scene where a hopeful Twi'lek dancer is auditioning for the Starlight Entertainers. I didn't think of that at the time I made the costume, but maybe my subconscious made the connection.

I'm glad you liked Red Death, Amber. It's actually the same girl from the other photo, and both of the those costumes go with my Star Princess. They are all from the stage version of Phantom of the Opera, of which we are both huge fans.

ADF said...

Oh, it was a girl. Well, /she/ is very cool for costuming as Red Death.

That additional info on the costumes is interesting; it's good to know where they came from.