Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

98 days - Please pray for me!

If you manage to read this post, please do pray for my eyes. After taking several weeks off from my contact lenses, I tried wearing them for a few hours the other night and I am still getting some redness. These were actually my regular lenses, which I've NEVER had trouble with before.

I am getting really scared that my eyes can't take contacts at all anymore. If this turns out to be true, I probably won't be able to go to Dragon*Con this year, among other things. The only other option I can think of would be to get Lasik surgery, which I was hoping not to do for several more years yet. Plus, I don't know how soon I could do that and the risks associated...

So, of course, I'm really upset by all this and crave a quick resolution to my situation. I have to keep trusting in the Lord, though, who giveth and taketh away, and yet is blessed for it.

Edit: As if to add insult to injury, I just found out that I won't be able to wear my Jan Ors costume to Dragon*Con (see previous post). My costume partner has decided not to attend and finally come around to telling me. This just keeps getting better and better.

Edit #2: And I'm apparently not going to be in any shows for the summer. Grrrr...

2 comments:

bery said...

wait...but doesn't one less costume mean less stress for you?

Leiasolosinger said...

Well, more time spent with you guys, at least. :-D